Friday 6 May 2016

Scoliosis and Bras - Survey


Image by
I don't know about you, but I have always had a love/hate relationship with bras.

Before my scoliosis surgery, I found that bra straps used to dig into my rib hump side, causing discomfort and pain, as well as the damn strap always falling off one side due to my uneven shoulders.

Post surgery, I still have the irritating issue with the bra strap falling down on one side, and as I still have some rotation of the ribs, I usually find one cup doesn't always fit as well as the other (although this did improve slightly post surgery). This I have found very frustrating over the years and also a bit upsetting if I'm honest.

It's for these reasons that I tend to avoid shopping in underwear shops, trying on bras in said underwear shops (3 way mirrors = EVIL) and bra fittings in general - in fact, the thought of having a bra fitting fills me with dread. I also don't spend huge amounts of money on bras because they never fit me properly, so what's the point?

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way! If you have scoliosis, share any of these bra frustrations and would like to contribute towards an exciting related project (by fellow scoliosis survivor Michaela), I would be very grateful if you could fill in this quick survey by clicking on the link below:

Bra Complaints for women with Scoliosis - Survey

Thank you :-)

Louise XX

No comments: