Thursday 6 September 2012

Zumba!

Alot of people think that after scoliosis surgery, you are unable to do alot of things that you used to do. I not only do the things I used to do, I am enjoying trying new things too!

I've recently started going to Zumba classes, I've never done Zumba before but it's alot of fun! I wasn't sure if I would be able to do Zumba after scoliosis surgery as it involves alot of jumping around and using your back and hips. 

Before surgery, I used to do aerobics quite regularly but it's only really very recently that I've felt like I'm able to do this kind of activity again, and I'm now 2 years post op. 

I have really missed doing aerobics for the past couple of years and was a bit anxious about getting back into it again as it's been so long and I was worried if I'd be able to do it - at many points during recovery I thought I'd never do it again!

I've really enjoyed the Zumba classes though. Yes, there are certain moves I can't do that involve bending the back, but I just do my own adapted version of the moves. It's still fun exercise!

I'm just eternally grateful that, after 2 years, I'm able to do these kind of activities again and I'll never take anything for granted again.

 

No comments: